Industrial Sales Representative
Busy Rhode Island manufacturer of precision components is looking to expand our sales force. We are growing and need a self-motivated individual to grow sales within our existing customer base and to open doors into new clients. You will work in tandem with our Industrial Engineering Department to identify potential targets, solve problems for our clients and develop a targeted approach to growing sales.
The ideal candidate will have technical sales experience in industrial precision components along with the ability to increase customer retention and new sales. We are an 80-person family-owned business with a tight knit community of self-motivated and committed people – it’s a great place to work!
Basic Skills & Education Required
- Technical sales background with knowledge of precision components for industrial applications preferred
- 3-5 years of sales experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Good planning and organization skills
- Strong business acumen
- Documentation and tracking of performance towards goals
- Strong internal and external customer relationship building
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Sales Force and the ability to learn new programs given proper training.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Project management skills which include managing calendars, time-lines and schedules of multiple projects for clients and prospects
- Ability to work in a high pressure and highly accountable environment
- Math and measuring skills
- Ability to read and understand orders and drawings
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Combination of Education and Experience
Personal Qualities and Style of Work
- Idea Generator
- Decision Maker
- Strong Communication Skills
- Accountable Towards Achieving Goals and Milestones
- Highly Organized and Detail Oriented
- Strategic Thinker with Good Tactical Execution
- Self-Motivated with a Team Mentality
- Open Minded and Self-Confident
- Customer Oriented
- Effective Problem Solver
- Mechanically Inclined
- Manage, Maintain and Grow Industrial Accounts with the Support of the Technical Engineer
- Increase Market Share Through New Account Acquisition and Development
- Develop New Prospects or Market Ideas for Our Existing Process
- Monitor, Track and Report Progress Towards Annual Sales Goal; weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Annually
- Manage Your Use and The Data Integrity of Our CRM Software (Sales Force)
- Collaborate with Marketing, to Understand and Track the Sales Cycle as well as the ROI for Marketing Campaigns on the Industrial Side of the Business and to Create New Ideas to Attract Leads and to Support Existing Clients.
- Participate in Industry Trade Shows, Networking Engagements and Other Industry Events.
- Create Sales Presentations for New or Existing Clients
- Participate in Customer Visits as Needed and With the Approval of the VP of Sales/Marketing
- Analyze Customer Retention and Work with Marketing on New Ways to Grow Accounts.
- Review and Improve Procedures That Support Continued Growth and Increased Efficiencies.
- Maintain and Protect the Target Profit Margins Set by the CFO
- Maintain That Department Procedures Are Followed
- Drive All Major Industrial Account Meetings and Develop Strategies for Organic Growth
- Comprehend Customer Requirements and Make Appropriate Recommendations w/ Briefings to Management
- Travel Required Up to 25% Nationally
- Produce Timely and Accurate Sales and Market Reports, Travel Expense Reports and Competitive Reports
Must possess a valid Driver’s License
Chemtec is a newly renamed division of ChemArt, focused on the industrial sector as a manufacturer of precision etched components. We work with a variety of materials and finishes to create precision parts for aerospace, medical, electronics, military and many more.
Base Salary $40,000 – $50,000 w/Commission and Year-end Bonus Tied to Achieving Sales Goals.