SUCCESS STORY – The White House Historical Association
“The White House Christmas ornament is a unique product of our Association. The ornament is itself historic, having been created and offered to the nation by us, in partnership with Beacon Design by ChemArt, for over 36 years.
Over those years, the collectors of these beautiful ornaments have significantly contributed to the educational mission of this Association and helped fund the preservation of the interior of the White House and its fine and decorative arts – something all Americans can be proud to support.”Stewart McLaurin
- Each year the Association sends out two emails to its customers. The first email introduces the new ornament. Then a follow‐up email is sent later in the year as a reminder to purchase the ornament.
- Purchases can be made by phone at 800-555-2451, through the Association’s website, whitehousehistory.org or in their two gift shops in Washington DC.
- The ornaments are advertised in national and regional magazines/newspapers, through their annual gift catalog which is distributed the Association’s customers, through their partnership with the Washington Nationals, as well as diorama advertisements placed in Washington, D.C. metropolitan transit stations and commuter train stations.
- All of the ornaments from the original 1981 through the current year are available for sale from the White House Historical Association and Beacon Design, allowing customers to build a collection.
- In 2008, Beacon Design by ChemArt, was given exclusive rights to sell the ornaments through its existing retail channels, increasing the visibility of the collection to a nationwide retail audience.
Since 1981 the number of pieces produced by Beacon Design has grown considerably with hundreds of thousands of ornaments being manufactured right here in the USA.
Since the late 1980’s groups such as school booster clubs, churches, civic groups, government agencies and other non‐profit organizations throughout the country, have purchased hundreds of thousands of White House Ornaments to re‐sell as a fundraiser.
Creating an annual keepsake program is a great way to turn your supporters into collectors, solidifying their support and donations for years to come.